Why do you need to make a prototype?
1. Check the appearance design
Prototype is an important means to verify the design.
2. Inspection structure design
The analysis and review of the structure of the prototype assembly process, the mold manufacturing process and the production process all have a very intuitive effect. The prototype can be assembled, so it can directly reflect whether the structure is reasonable and easy to install. Help find and solve problems early.
3. Avoid the risk of directly manufacturing the mold
Avoid the risk of enterprises directly manufacturing molds. Since the cost management of mold design and manufacturing is generally very high, relatively large molds are worth hundreds of thousands or even millions. Unreasonable or other social problems, the loss can be imagined. Prototype production can avoid this economic loss and reduce the risk of mold opening.
Since the cost of mold production is generally very high, relatively large molds are worth hundreds of thousands or even millions. If you can find that the knowledge structure is unreasonable or some other problems in the process of opening the mold, the loss can be imagined . Prototype production can avoid this loss and reduce the risk of mold opening.
4. Make the product market sooner
Due to the advanced nature of prototype production, you can use the prototype for product promotion before the mold design, development and research are completed, and even the preliminary sales and production technology preparation related work to occupy market as soon as possible.
What facts need to be considered when making a prototype?
According to different requirements such as part function, mechanical design strength, dimensional accuracy, surface finish, service life, economy, etc., different types of prototype forming technology products are selected.
Prototype manufacturing principles
Prototype manufacturing should not only focus on product planning, but ignore prototype manufacturing. When developing products or trial-manufacturing new products, some users often only pay attention to the initial research and development of the product, and neglect the communication with the prototype manufacturer.
The type of prototype
- Cars, motorcycles, toy cars, and other traffic management tools and various life-size parts and components;
- Hand panels for communication products, such as telephones, fax machines, mobile phones, walkie-talkies, doorbells for walkie-talkies, etc.
- TV, monitor, air conditioner, vacuum cleaner, humidifier, etc.
- Manufacturing of various aluminum alloy metal prototypes, modification of batches of aluminum alloy and plastic injection products;
- A variety of different machine equipment parts, B-ultrasound machines, electronic technical equipment, medical equipment large and small parts of the prototype;
- All kinds of plaster, clay, wax-like carving, mechanical action tooth box, ceramic rapid prototyping.
Prototype material selection
- For conventional product prototypes, ABS materials can generally be used. The production of prototypes with such technical materials is likely to lead to processing, and the post-processing of the prototypes is also relatively beautiful;
- High temperature resistance and product prototypes, related materials epoxy resin, bakelite, black PC, PA (nylon) can be selected. These four basic materials are used to manufacture prototypes, except for the black PC that can be bonded, the other three cannot be bonded, and need to be processed as a whole;
- Prototype for wear-resistant products, can choose pom or pa. .The hand-made version of two materials cannot be glued, it needs to be processed as a whole;
- Prototypes for high-toughness products can be selected from PA or PP.. These two materials cannot be used to make the prototypes and need to be processed as a whole;
- Transparent and product prototypes, PMMA (acrylic), transparent ABS, transparent PC and other materials can be selected. The prototypes produced by these materials have been polished to achieve extremely high transparency and achieve the same effect as real products;
- The surface treatment of manual models is generally divided into surface treatments such as spraying, electroplating, sanding, screen printing, and pad printing. Manual oil injection is divided into smooth surface, frosted surface, sand surface, transparent color, translucent color, fluorescent color, rubber oil and other effects.